Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 3 of 5: Cowtown 10k Training Report

T: 2m + strength
F: 2m = strength
Sa: 5k (ditched)
Su: 7m (did 6 w/ hills)

I didn't exactly get ALL my runs in this week, but I did do better than the previous weeks. I also did my first "long" run since the Houston half marathon. And surprisingly...it felt good! We went out to Wildcat Bluff and did the 6 mile out and back run. There are lots of hills. I'm always surprised how much "faster" I run when I run with Jonathan and when I run outside instead of on a treadmill. We kept a great pace for the first 3 miles. It was gorgeous outside. I planned to walk a lot on the way back, but I didn't need to. Hurray! All in all, a great run and a great day to be outside.

I feel like I've been having a lot of great runs lately. Makes me wonder if I've crossed the threshold on this running thing. I'm sure just as I say that, I will have a humbling run this week to remind me there are lots of bad days to be had. It sure is nice to have some good ones though.

I'm actually toying with only doing the 5k at Cowtown. Can't decide. I'll mull it over this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously so proud of you!! We were fine... The tornadoes were close!! thanks for thinking of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I'm glad to see you're actually enjoying running, you know that makes your sis proud. Go for the 5K you deserve a short one. Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete