Thursday, February 12, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

We had a great time away last week! I was so ready for some time away after scurrying for a week at work to get ready to leave. Sometimes I wonder if getting away is worth it with all the stress to get things done at the office, but the week reminded me...it is worth it. I worked a little while I was away, but mostly I just enjoyed the days.

Wednesday was the day I arrived, and the weather was gorgeous! We met for lunch at P.F. Chang's and ate on the patio, then we took a long nap. Wonderful! We grabbed a quick bite to eat, watched the Ags get beat by OU (but the unranked Ags took No. 2 OU to the wire so I can't be too hard on them), then went and saw a funny hypnosis show.
Thursday I worked in the morning, had a conference call with the office, then grabbed a bite . I hit the gym after lunch. I did a 3 mile run and lifted. There's just something about working out somewhere new that makes it a little better! After my workout I met the hubby at his conference to see what the hoopla was all about. He was at the World of Concrete. Nope. I didn't just make that up. For as far as the eye can see, construction materials, equipment, and men salivating over it. He loved it, and I love him, so I guess you could say I loved the World of Concrete? Well, not really...

We played a bit afterwards. I have this dollar slot I love---pinball. I won on it my very first trip to Vegas with my mom, and I always look for it when I go back. The only ones I can find are at Flamingo. I lost my $20, and decided I'd quit, but Jonathan insisted I play again and picked another machine. I got to play pinball twice! I was thrilled! We capped the night with dinner at Nobu, the sushi restaurant that's a hype in magazines and such (I'm a sucker for those places). We heard it was pricey, and when we got there a couple was leaving and said, "I hope you brought your money." We didn't find it too unreasonable for the sushi rolls, which is what we ordered. It was $2-$3 more a roll than the sushi place we go to here, but considering the name and the ambience, and the gorgeous presentation, it seemed fair. Now the other stuff on the menu (the more creative dishes) were pretty pricey, but our bill was about what we expected. I even tried something new...white tuna. It was delicious! The presentation was so neat that I asked the people we sat by at the sushi bar if I could snap shots of their food.
I worked a bit on Friday morning then rented a car and picked Jonathan up from the conference. We grabbed a bite at the famed In-N-Out Burger, and frankly, it was as good as we'd heard...and cheap! We both had a burger, fries, and coke for $9.83!

Then we did our favorite thing of the trip...saw Hoover Dam. It was nice to leave the strip, and we really enjoyed the tour. They're building a bridge, and Jonathan loved seeing all of the construction (I must say that I was rather impressed myself ). After seeing the Dam, we enjoyed some black jack then turned in.
A nice few days away for sure! Viva Las Vegas (but glad to be home)...

2 comments:

  1. Glad yall had fun. You need time away from work more often sister. I love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun--Hoover Dam is neat:)--surprisingly! TTYL!

    ReplyDelete