Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables

Have y'all tried these? I love them! A couple of reasons why:
  1. They're tasty.
  2. They're not expensive.
  3. They take just minutes to heat (in the microwave).
  4. No clean up! (I just cut the top and serve right out of the bag---unless we have guests, of course!)
See all their products here.

I know I can buy fresh vegetables and steam them in Zip N Steam bags by Ziploc (which is another really cool product), and I do like to do that. However, sometimes, I want a medley of vegetables without buying a ton of them (ya know--the corn, the asparagus, carrots all together!). And if I'm just in a plain hurry, I don't want to have to wash and dice them all. These Birds Eye products are great when you are truly in a crunch and don't have time to do fresh.

2 comments:

  1. we LOVE these!! I do use the ziplock bags sometimes for broccoli and they're perfect for carrots... but everything else is steamfresh!!

    I SO miss you! I'm glad we can keep up on here. I was thinking the other day about all of our drives to Chickasha and the fun times and good talks we had. I miss that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love these, too! Have you tried the brown rice? I have started making this on weeknights because cooking it the traditional way just takes too long. I was happy to read the label and see the only ingredients were cooked brown rice and water.

    ReplyDelete