Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Week 2 of 5: Cowtown 10k Training Report

M: 3m
W: 5m tempo (nope)
R: 2m & strength (did 3m & strength)
Sat: 7m (didn't quite get this done)

Uh...another FAIL week. I was afraid this would happen. I'm not that scared by the 10k distance now that I've completed 2 halves so I'm less motivated to get the workouts in (especially the long runs). I will say that I worked crazy hours last week on Monday and Tuesday since I was going out of town Wed.-Sat. so to even get the Monday workout in was a surprise.

The good news is that what I'm lacking in quantity, I'm making up for in quality! My runs felt so good last week! Now that doesn't mean they were easy; I just felt good doing them. I didn't feel that horrible "I'm-jogging-against-the-current-in-a-wave-pool" feeling. I've changed my schedule from what I initially posted. I just cannot do a 5m tempo run (even if the first and last mile are supposed to be slow). I can only manage 1-1.5m at a faster pace so my mid week run is only ending up at 3-3.5m. My workout in Vegas went really well. There's something about doing your workout in a different place that's nice--changes it up a bit.

We had a great time in Vegas--pics and trip report to follow! My goal this week is to get all of my runs in. I wasn't planning on a long run this weekend because we're running in a 5k on Saturday, but since we've skipped so many long runs, we're going to get one in (or that's the plan anyway).

1 comment:

  1. Hey---sounds like you are gettung closer to being on of those runnung is fun people!!

    ReplyDelete