Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recipe: Lemon Chicken

This recipe is from Ellie Krieger. It's quick, has very few ingredients, the ingredients are something you usually have on hand, it's tasty, and delicious!

Lemon Chicken

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (I buy boneless skinless breasts at Sam's. I cut 2 large breasts into halves so I had 4 pieces)
1 lemon
2 t olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper (my pepper grinder is broke so I just used plain old black pepper)
Coarse salt (I just used regular salt)

Heat oil. Pat chicken dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in oil over medium heat until done. Juice lemon over chicken while in pan, heat 1 minute, and serve. (Don't forget to drizzle with pan juice.)

It's tangy and delicious! I served it with brown rice and steamed veggies. It would be good with an angel hair pasta, too. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy--will have to try--those apple dumplings where wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete