Friday, July 25, 2008

Learning to Run 30 Minutes

This was so much tougher than I thought it would be! The training program looked easy enough---I wish it were! I kept hearing that if I would be consistent, I'd be amazed at what my body would do, and that was right. So Jonathan and I stuck to the program until we finally completed 30 minutes. One of the first times I actually enjoyed the running was when we went on vacation to Chicago and got up each morning to run along Lake Shore Drive. I can honestly say that was the first time I didn't look down at my watch to see how much farther we had to go!

When we finally reached the 30 minute goal, it was not an "effortless" 30 minutes. I was huffing, puffing, aching, talking myself out of stopping until the 30th minute...but we did it! I love quotes, and this is my favorite one I found from when I was doing the 30 minute program:

"I run. At least, that's what I am telling myself. It's actually more of a "continued forward motion at a semi-consistent pace while praying I don't die" kind of activity."

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found this site and I am in the same boat you were. I'm in week 4 of C25K and that quote you posted cracked me up. The sad thing is I'm not even running half the time.

    ReplyDelete