Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Year Anniversary

It was exactly one year ago today that we started the program to learn how to run 30 minutes. Since then, we have:

Ran 5 5K's
Ran 1 10k
Ran 1 12k
Ran 3 half marathons

Guess how long since I last ran though? March 11! Wow. That's a long time. I'd be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed the break. But strangely enough...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I really have. Weird.

I'm getting back in the saddle again. Monday I start a training program for an 8k that's being held June 27. Then I'm going to run in another half marathon held locally on September 12th.

I also broke down and bought the 30 Day Shred based on a friend's recommendation. We'll see how it goes...

6 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I'm going to check out all of your links and hopefully sign up for some more races in the coming year. It's so fun to see you and Christine enjoying running so much. After watching her run the OKC Memorial 1/2 Marathon this last weekend, it really makes me want to do it again! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm bookmarking the program!! Happy one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://boomama.net/2009/04/28/the-good-news-is-that-my-eyelashes-are-not-sore-at-all/

    I just saw this.. thought you would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats you've accomplished alot more than myself in one year. I'm so proud of you sis!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!!! Way to go!!! Great seeing ya last night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe it has only been a year since you started running. It seems like you guys have been running with us longer than that! Time flies when you are having fun.

    The first few runs may be tough when you get back into it, but don't get discouraged! You'll be back to your old running self if you can endure for a few weeks of tough runs.

    ReplyDelete