Thursday, March 26, 2009

Decorators are Worth Every Penny

I hate decorating. I'm an OCD, linear, non-creative person. I like neutral colors, symmetry, and matching. None of those qualities are conducive to decorating. My boss's wife is a decorator, and she decorated our formal dining, formal living, kitchen and den. We saved for these big projects, and had her finish them as they fit in our budget. Four years after moving in, there are still several rooms that need to be finished. I just wanted her to do the "major living spaces" though (rephrase--I wanted her to do it all, but I didn't want to pay to have it all done). I figured I could swing the smaller rooms. And so began my adventure of decorating our guest bathroom.

I saw this shower curtain on Target's website, and it served as my starting point. I just loved it. I thought it looked so Anthropologie. But it looked so different than the rest of my house once I got it hung! My house is not very "whimsical". So...I remained inspired by the birds, the brown, and the blue, but found some different things.

This is how it turned out:

The rug, the pictures, and towels were my first purchases (T.J. Maxx), then I found a shower curtain that coordinated (Target), picked up a new curtain rod, rings, and bath mat at Bed Bath and Beyond, and finally accessorized at Kirklands and Hobby Lobby.

Overall, I am pleased with it. I keep finding reasons to go in there just to take a peek at my handiwork (reasons other than the obvious reasons you go in a bathroom).

3 comments:

  1. Can you come do my whole house? It looks wonderful, you did a great job!!!!! Love you SIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I haven't been reading blogs lately..but I just caught up on yours--sounds like ya'll had a blast on ya'll girls weekend and I love your bathroom---so cute!!!!And I agree love that Kamryn Paige--hope to see ya'll next weekend for Easter--Blaze says--oh--which means I love aunt Min!!!

    ReplyDelete