Friday, October 31, 2008

Week 12 of 12: Half Training Report

W: 4 miles (only did 2)
R: 3 miles (skipped)
F: 2 miles

Training? Check! Well, this is it! My last week of half training! Yahoo! I rested on Tuesday and went back at it on Wed. My left foot really bothered me on the last 2 miles of my 10 mile run, and it continued to hurt on Tuesday. When I tried to run on Wed., it was like stepping on a knife with every stride! I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I just couldn't do it. I lasted only 2 miles (filled with generous walk breaks no doubt), quickly researched foot problems on the internet, called the massage therapist and scheduled time for her to work on it, called and moaned to my sis and Christine , worried myself silly that after all this training I might not make it through the half, and then took Thursday off to rest it. I'm happy to report that when I did an easy 2 mile run this morning, it hurt, but it didn't feel like a knife! It was pain I can tolerate (I certainly could tolerate it for 2 miles so here's to hoping I can tolerate it for 11.1 more!!!). I really am concerned about the giant blister I developed on my 10 mile run and the pain in the muscle to the right of my right shin. It knotted up again today. I know it loosens up eventually, but I dread the first 3 miles until it does so. I bought those Band Aids for blisters and hope it works miracles.

So...that's it! I'm done with my training. Now it's race time.

1 comment:

  1. WOW it's here!!!! Good job on your dedication to training for the half. I hope your aches and pain are minimal for the race. Drink lots of fluids today and tomorrow and don't forget your GU packs. See ya soon. Lori

    ReplyDelete