Monday, October 6, 2008

Obstacles

"Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."

-Henry Ford

Goals when began walk/run back in April:
  1. Consistent exercise.
  2. Find form of exercise I can do with Jonathan.
  3. Finish certain race distances: 5k, 10k, Half Marathon.
Obstacle now visible because I'm taking my eyes off these goals:

Me thinking accomplishing above goals is not enough; instead thinking I must accomplish them in a "certain way" for them to "count" (i.e. in a certain time).

Dear Me,

Please stay out of the way so I can be proud of accomplishing goals 1-3 without you robbing my joy.

P.S. Please also stop the negative talk during the first and last mile of each run.



1 comment:

  1. Remember what you told me - a year ago, you could not have run a 10K if you wanted to! Now you can run 6 miles without stopping, and I would venture to guess that a very small percentage of the population can say that. I know you will do great and surprise yourself at the race this weekend, but no matter what happens, be proud of how far you have come!

    Don't you wish we could blog for a living?? It always seems to sound more fun that working...

    ReplyDelete