Monday, October 27, 2008

Week 11 of 12: Half Training Report

T: 5 miles (turned into 2 miles)
W: 5 miles
F: 3 miles
M: 10 miles

The last "hard" week! And well, it was hard to stay motivated. I am really so tired of this running thing. Again, it was a "monkey on my back" all week. Monday we were supposed to run 5 miles, but Jonathan just wasn't "feeling it". I totally understand that, and he is always so understanding when I do so we just went to eat and ran some errands. A nice break. We decided we'd make it up later in the week.

Tuesday was our 8th anniversary, and we planned on taking that day off, but since we skipped Monday, we needed to run 5 miles. I got caught at work and got a late start so I only finished 2 miles. But I must say, if I had all the time in the world, I'd still have only finished 2 miles. I felt horrible. My legs weren't moving right, my shin was hurting, I felt like it was the first week again. I guess some days are just like that--so discouraging. I planned on making the 5 up on Thursday. Jonathan successfully completed his 5 on the treadmill.

Wednesday we went after work to do our other 5 mile run. A couple of miles into it, Jonathan bailed. I think he was feeling like I was on Tuesday. Man, I wanted so badly to hop off that treadmill with him! But it was the last week of hard runs so I willed myself to stick with it. A couple of miles into it, I found my stride, and finished without incident. I was so glad I did! That's one thing I love about running--that feeling of accomplishment when you know you could stop, but you don't.

Thursday I planned on getting up and running, but it was our first freeze, and snuggling up in bed won out. I stayed out late on Thursday night with a friend and knew getting up Friday would be tough. I had an emotional night and didn't get much sleep, but I knew I needed to get out there and do something physical to keep my mind off things. I blared "It's Not My Time" and other songs like it and bundled up. It was my first time running in the freezing weather. It felt good! My legs never really warmed up, but the cold air, loud music, and movement was just what I needed. I didn't run the full 5, but I ran 3. I felt like this was an accomplishment considering the lack of sleep and seriously unstable mental state I was in.

We planned our long run on Sunday, but Sunday turned out to be windy, windy, windy (25-30mph). After the 9 Mile Disaster of 10/18/08, we figured we better not risk another meltdown so we postponed to Monday. The long run deserves it's own post...

No comments:

Post a Comment