Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week 1 of 4: Houston Half Training Report

M: 3m (skipped)
W: 4m (skipped)
R: 4m (skipped)
F: nothing planned, but ran 4 miles
Su: 10m (skipped)

Yep, you read that right...I only ran once last week, and for the very first time, I skipped a long run! Yikes! Can you say slacker? It was extremely tough to get motivated over the holidays, and well, I failed miserably. I'm going to get back at it this week. I've decided to just do two runs a week plus a long run (instead of 3 runs a week plus a long run) and make 1 of my mid week runs a speedwork or tempo workout. I used Smart Coach on Runner's World to come up with a training plan for this half. I'd really like to get my 2:30 so I think a little speedwork and tempo work might help.

I did manage to get one run in over the holidays. There is a neat Rails to Trails trail in Jonathan's hometown. His sister and a family friend ran with me. We ran 2 miles out and 2 miles back on the trail. It was a lot of fun. It was really windy out, and neither of them are used to running 4 miles so we just stopped and walked when anyone needed to then started back up again when we felt like it. We chatted along the way which really made the time pass. Even still, we finished in 12 minute miles which I was pleased with. I love running with other people with no time pressure; the talking makes the time pass so quickly.

Here's to hoping the second week of my training is a lot better than the first!

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great, just have fun and enjoy your surroundings!!! Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Min--Fun seeing you over Christmas---Good luck on half in Houston--Blaze says oh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marathon Training Program Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete