Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 2 of 5: Mulligan Half Training Report


M: Rest
T: 4m (skipped)
W: 6m (skipped)
R: 4m (skipped
Sat.: 12m (did 10m on Sunday)

Ummm...another FAIL week as far as training goes. Sadly, I could have squeezed in a run twice this week and simply chose to do something else instead. It's cold in the mornings so staying in bed always seems to beat out a morning run. I've had lunch meetings so lunch hasn't been an option. If I wait until after work for a run, it is highly unlikely it will occur (which is why I like to do it in the morning or at lunch). Oh, well. This is the last week of my 2008 billing year, and I'm convinced my training will get back on track if I can just survive this week! My goal for this week is to run tomorrow, to run in the Turkey Trot 12k on Thanksgiving Day, and to get a run in on Saturday or Sunday.

So...I attempted 12 miles again yesterday. Same story---first 3 miles felt awful, the middle miles were great, and at 9.5 miles, my knee gave out. It's like I can't even bend it when it does that. I made it to 10 miles then walked the last 2 miles to my car. I was hurting. Every muscle in my body hurts today---the bottom of my feet, my IT band, my knee---yikes! I'm hoping this is the suffering I must endure for skipping so many workouts, and the aches and pain will disappear when my training is back on track.

2 comments:

  1. Ok - now you are freaking me out! Have you thought about going to a doctor? I am worried about your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're freaking out? The office is convinced I've taken up bullriding! I didn't even know how to limp this morning--so many different parts hurt! I'm just sort of hobbling around.

    I'm sure you know this, but I'm not much into doctors, and I have a really high pain tolerance. So my plan is to just ride this out and see about it when I can't walk another step...(smart, I know)

    No, really, I'm convinced it's an "under-use injury" from undertraining.

    ReplyDelete