Monday, November 10, 2008

Recovery Week: Half Training Report

M: Massage!
T-F: Rest!
Sa: 6m with hill work


Ahhh...recovery week. Just what I've been waiting for! Can I tell you how much I needed a mental health break from running? We had a super busy week, and it was so nice NOT to have to worry about when I'd squeeze a run in. Some things I've said say "run easy", other say "don't run for a week." Can you guess which advice I followed?

I was sore this week. Very sore. My muscles. My pride. It was all hurtin'. The massage worked wonders on my muscles, and writing massaged my bruised ego. I'm better now.

Saturday's 6 miler actually went well! I think I may be officially done with trying to run with any sort of speed (I use the word 'speed' loosely)! Hurray! I told Jonathan I was going to go at my own pace and enjoy my first run after the half so "feel free to take your own car." He ran with me the first 3 miles then smoked past me. I didn't mind. I walked some of the hills on the last 3 miles and was otherwise fine. I ran slow, but it felt comfortable. It was a gorgeous day--no wind, cool, sunny. I'm not ready to totally concede this yet, but I was kinda glad to be out there. You might even say I kinda missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment