Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Product Review: Band Aid Blister and SPI Belts

You may remember my "Freak Out" post. Two of my issues were what to do about my blister and where to carry my GU.

1. Blister--While I didn't find anything that worked for the race, I did find a product to use for everyday care. It's Band Aid Advanced Healing for Blister, and it's awesome! They come in all different sizes (I have a giant blister on the ball of my foot and a nasty looking thing on my pinky toe--tough sizes to find). I have "large" and "toes". You put it on a clean sore, and it stays put for days. Buy them if you have a blister.


2. GU holder--you must buy an SPI (small personal item) belt. Sure, it's just the runner's version of a fanny pack, but it's awesome! It's tiny (but expands freakishly), totally comfortable, does not bounce (AT ALL), and comes in tons of colors. Oh...and it's only $20! I put my hotel key, my list of goal splits, folded up train schedules, and 3 GU's in mine. A friend had her GU and a small BodyGlide in hers. I couldn't believe how comfortable it was. I pushed it lower on my hips and wore the bag in back at first (so as to avoid the true fanny pack look). However, it did bounce at the back so I moved it to the front side. Much better. Totally forgot it was there. Here's a picture I took of me in mine:


Stop laughing. Just buy one.

5 comments:

  1. So funny because I was laughing when I saw the pic!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed, too! Do anyone's abs REALLY look like that? Love the SPI Belt - everyone should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahha--i take it that's a picture of you modeling!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Now y'all are making me insecure about my gut...you don't need to laugh that hard...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have entirely too much time on your hands to be writing a book. Ha! You always wanted to be a writer. I am proud of you for running. That picture is funny of your fanny pack. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete