Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 5 of 12: Half Training Report

M: 4 m
T: skipped 2m run
W: 6m
R: left for vacation
F: 2 m

I ran 6 miles! It wasn't pretty, but again, I finished. It's slow which is a little disappointing, but "they" say not to worry about speed. The first 5 miles felt really good. In fact, on miles 4 and 5 my legs were on autopilot. We stopped right before we started the last mile and got a drink of water and stretched. It felt like starting over from that point. My legs were killing me, and it took everything I had to finish. Maybe I shouldn't stop and stretch/drink, or maybe I should make my stop shorter. Not sure about that.

I switched our long run to Wed. so we were certain to get it done before we went on vacation. We ran 2 miles on Friday morning, but never got around to the 4 m run for the week. Hopefully skipping a workout here and there doesn't kill us.

No comments:

Post a Comment