Monday, August 18, 2008

Week 1 of 12: Half Training Report

M: Run 3 m
T: Run 2 m
R: Run 3 m
Sa: Run 4 m

I was totally nervous about running 4 miles--the farthest I've ran was the 5k. I was amazed that I finished. We mapped out a route in the neighborhood and started before it was too hot. Mile 1 was a little sketchy; it usually is. It's like my body is trying to convince me to stop the insanity in Mile 1 and once it realizes I won't, it gives in for the rest of the mileage. Miles 2-3 were pretty routine. We stopped at Mile 3 for a water break and stretch, and at that point, I just kept telling myself "1 mile to go". Mile 4 was tough, but I broke it down into segments I could digest (just to that street, just to that lamp, etc.) until I was done. I was amazed in the time we did it; not fast by any means, but faster than I anticipated.

On another note, we just got back from Kansas City for the 99th Convention with Jonathan's father and grandmother. Here are the pics:


No comments:

Post a Comment