Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Back! What I Thought of Twilight~

Okay, seriously, enough is enough. I have officially closed the last Twilight book.

I can't believe I enjoyed them as much as I did! I usually like "snobbier" literature, though I certainly make time for "lighter fare" like the Shopaholic Series when I just need a funny, mindless read. But in general, I like "heavier" reading, particularly books that incorporate other cultures. And I despise all things science fiction. So reading Twilight wasn't on my radar at all. Except that several girlfriends kept bringing up their obsession with it--girlfriends whose opinions I generally trust. I wanted a mindless read for my trip to Kauai, so I decided to give them a shot.

And so the obsession began...it really is hard to describe. Teeny bopper vampires? I really can't explain it. Her descriptions really put you right there. I found myself reading descriptions of a variety of Bella's emotions as she talked about high school and how she didn't feel like she quite fit in thinking..."I have felt like that and didn't know how to put it into words, and that captures it perfectly!" I love that. It's definitely a word lover's book.

So now the books are closed, and I'm back to blogging!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! I loved shopaholic also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too liked the shopaholic books will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete